Digital Business Analyst
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Determine business reporting needs and data requirements through interviews, consultations and document analysisActively manage the reporting and analytical roadmap and other reporting applications, including mobile applicationsEvaluate the information gathered and distinguish between individual wants and business needs prioritizing accordinglyDocument manual processes, calculations and business logic within specified reporting artifactsCreate reporting mock ups and high-level conceptual data mappingCreate and manage daily reports sent out to business users Act as reporting power user within business organization providing on-going ad-hoc supportArticulate user stories for Development work on in-house applicationsTranslate business needs/wants into new functionality on applicationsPrioritize stories for developers using the Agile methodologyAnalyze and prioritize future phases of applications for enhancements Train all employees on existing and all future applicationsAnalyze current processes and reports to determine future needs for the businessTroubleshoot and respond to business users who are having trouble reporting or using the applicationsCreate and maintain documentation related to in-house applications (Training Manuals, security grids, etc)Communicate with Senior Management on long term goals and analyze what can be done to provide them what they need from a data and application standpoint
The Business Analyst will be the liaison between end users in the Ad Sales organization and IT to accomplish the following in regards to an in house sales forecasting and reporting application.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 3 years of business analysis work experience, including business process or reporting analysis
• Great verbal and written communication with the ability to communicate with all levels in the Organization, both technical and non-technical
• Comfortable compiling and analyzing large data sets
• Previous Business Analyst experience
• Strong analytical problem solving skills; ensuring data accuracy and reconciliation
• Good listener and open to different points of view
• Ability to work in highly collaborative environment
• Experience with a direct-to-consumer streaming service
• Understand technical capabilities specifically within reporting
• Understanding of media, advertising or sales systems is a plus
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools (MicroStrategy, Business Objects)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.