Director, Client Strategy (Insight Lab)
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Director, Client Strategy is a critical member of the Client Strategy team whose core function is to bring a Communications Planning lens to selling the vast and diverse set of marketing assets within the broader NBCU portfolio. This position will be New York based but global in nature. The role will require regular collaboration with international teams across NBCU with a particular emphasis on Sky TV, headquartered in the UK. The successful candidate will collaborate with multiple teams across both NBCUniversal and Sky to support and drive forward our growing international ad sales business.
S/he will support the sales efforts of NBCUniversal TV and Digital Ad Sales, Marketing, AdSmart and Client Partnerships teams by providing expertise in communications strategy, data strategy, and creative development with a focus on revenue maximization.
The global media landscape is rapidly evolving which is quickly impacting how our clients plan, evaluate, and purchase advertising. The Director, Client Strategy will bring their knowledge of data driven marketing, campaign and audience-based planning, advanced analytics, and strategy development to the NBCU sales org in order to more effectively understand our clients’ objectives and challenges, build innovative solutions that deliver better results, and pitch those solutions to senior level clients.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
Help drive growth across the NBCUniversal portfolio by applying a “Communications Planning” approach internally to sales team and externally to clients and agencies– to more efficiently and effectively sell the broader Comcast/NBCU portfolioBe a subject matter expert in communications planning both for clients and internal stakeholdersMaster key industry categories and clients and be able to engage senior clients on specialized topics, trends, and NBCU marketing solutions that can impact their businessBe willing to do travel internationally for client meetings and to support the global sales teamHelp the sales organization develop strategic frameworks and value propositions that leverage the breadth and power of the NBCU portfolio, better deliver client KPI’s, and better align with the evolving wants/needs of clientsLook at challenges and opportunities from a client’s perspective to better understand how NBCU can answer our client’s business/marketing needs with custom cross-portfolio, multimedia solutionsApply emerging consumer data, research and analytics, and modern targeting tactics to create innovative media solutions for our clients Work in partnership with research, sales, marketing, production, and content teams to discover insights that can be leveraged for client communication and partnership developmentTrack media, culture and market trends as part of a high impact thought leadership programDesign, suggest, build, and deploy new ad products, tools, partnership frameworks, and monetization strategies that advance the NBCU sales org and drive growth
• Minimum of 6+ years of experience in communications or strategic planning within a media, creative, or brand planning agency, or within a marketing department on the client side with a “Comms planning” or media strategy role
• High digital and performance driven media acumen with a thorough understanding of modern targeting and data capabilities across the marketplace
• Experience researching competitive marketing activity by advertiser and/or industry for the use of strategic development (spending, targeting, strategy, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of the evolving media landscape and its impact on brands, agencies, and the media marketplace
• Track record of building new, first-to-market solutions in the form of tools, solutions, strategic frameworks, partnerships, campaigns, marketing activations, etc.
• BA/BS or equivalent
• Understanding of business drivers within various industries and categories with the ability to connect challenges and objectives to media strategy and solutions
• Documented success leading a client services team with proven team leadership skills in an organizational matrix
• Excellent executive-level communication skills that translate into presentations, client communications, and idea/opportunity sell through
• Expertise in building high-quality PowerPoint decks, recommendations, POVs, and strategic frameworks in terms of aesthetics and effective design/framework (be prepared with examples)
• Experience on variety of categories and accounts
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.