Account Director, CSR & Social Good/Issues Advocacy
- Full Time
We’re proud to represent clients that align with our beliefs and work to transform our society for the better. Our responsibility is telling our client’s story, not touting our own. We like to believe that we are creative storytellers who work to reach audiences and solve communication challenges regardless of the medium. Sunshiners are in it for the meaningful moments. Giving back and social good is at the crux of who we are and what continues to grow within us – from quarterly volunteer days to teaching and mentoring. We are genuinely invested in your growth. Sunshine University – ask us about it!
So, what are we looking for?
We have an immediate opening for an Account Director with a focus on Corporate Social Responsibility & Social Good/Issues Advocacy in our Washington, DC office. For this role, you have your pulse on global trends for positive environmental and sustainable change. Building CSR strategies has been your responsibility for the past couple of years. You know, not just how to tell a company’s CSR story, but also how to help build an initiative and guide clients through to the end. You have previous experience in community engagement, messaging, media events and storytelling. You’re the type of person who can read a room well and can connect with the most ambivalent audiences. We are looking for someone who wakes up every day checking everything from POLITICO, to the Washington Post, to the Los Angeles Times.
- Partnering with key strategic stakeholders and corporate clients to build CSR initiatives and full campaigns around these initiatives.
- Leading national and local social good and issues advocacy campaigns that touch various client teams (consumer, non-profit, corporate, etc.)
- Developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies that include taking complex issues and packaging them for general consumer.
- Providing thought leadership opportunities for clients and serving as a senior leader within the agency
- Managing complex client issues and will see the client through stressful situations that will require thoughtful counsel.
- Leading client accounts and conduct media trainings for Sunshine Sachs clients, top executives and celebrities.
- Partnering and collaborating with SADs and VPs throughout the agency on integrated (and bi-coastal) accounts.
- Leading new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of current policies, social good movements and campaigns, PR, media relations, and overall work approach. This is incredibly important to us!
- Responding to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Support administration of accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports and budget trackers.
You should apply if:
- You have at least 8 years working in PR, specific experience in CSR, corporate communications, community engagement, non-profit, public sector.
- You’ve managed a team with direct oversight for at least 2 years (of those 8 mentioned above).
- You know how to navigate stakeholders, thought leaders, and media.
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick.
- You believe yourself to be excellent at pitching new business – confidence is key!
- You have established press contacts and have your “go-to” folks to get that important message out.
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don’t be uncool
You don’t HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
- Political, regulatory, and government experience.
- Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations
- If you have skin in the game. You’re incredibly passionate about various types of equity and believe that you can make a difference with your words.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. We arrange additional perks as well. From Summer Fridays and celebrations and events, to quarterly flex days and company-organized volunteer opportunities, we’re proud of the culture we’ve created across the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.