Communications Manager, Office of Medical Education
- Full Time
The Medical Education Communications Manager independently oversees central Medical Education communications and initiatives on behalf of the Vice Dean and Associate Dean of Medical Education. These initiatives serve the entire Medical Education enterprise including Undergraduate, Graduate, Continuing Medical Education and medical education partners.
The Communications Manager follows the strategic guidance and branding directives of campus University Relations and the School of Medicine’s Communications office.
The Manager collaborates with the School of Medicine Communications Office to develop and execute organizational communication and market branding strategy for all medical education initiatives. The Manager writes and produces admissions marketing collateral, the annual report, monthly medical education newsletters, and oversees all communication from the Vice Dean for Medical Education and Associate Dean for Education. This includes writing school-wide announcements, news stories, and creating PowerPoint presentations.
The Manager serves as the principal manager and editor of the Medical Education websites and oversees all graphic and brand identity for the medical education related websites. The Manager provides central oversight and direction to unit-based communication specialists.
In addition, the Communications Manager collaborates with the School of Medicine Communications Office to manage Medical Education’s social media campaigns, video production for external audiences, and medical education’s digital photo library. The Communications Manager maintains and oversees the central Office of Medical Education Administrative calendar, Medical Education editorial calendar, and manages and maintains medical education rosters and listserves.
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE / OFFICE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION
The School of Medicine’s Office of Medical Education (OME) is the administrative unit that oversees all health professions education programs for the School of Medicine (SOM) which includes 1,200 teaching faculty, 650 medical students, 1500 residents and fellows and 30,000 continuing education activities each year. For the past ten years, UCSF has been the only medical school ranked in the top five for research and for primary care training. The Office of Medical Education sets all strategic directives for medical education across the enterprise. OME is responsible for ensuring the highest quality learning and teaching environment for our programs and the support and development of over 110 staff.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field (i.e., English, Public Relations, or Business Communications)
- At least three years of experience overseeing communications for a department or organizational unit in an academic or corporate environment
- Experience project managing communications projects with multiple stakeholders and vendors
- Advanced knowledge and skills to advise and consult with management to ensure delivery of the desired message to the target and / or broad general audiences
- Knowledge of all aspects of communications, including strategic planning for various media venues, technical aspects and requirements of various venues, and the most appropriate and effective applications
- Advance knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint with proven ability to use tools as an efficient and effective means of preparing and presenting
- Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop
- Demonstrated high level communication, discretion, and executive skills to represent the Vice Dean for Education’s Office professionally and appropriately
- Ability to convert large amounts of raw data into well-organized, meaningful and clear presentations
- Highly organized and advanced ability to prioritize projects to meet the demands and deadlines of a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
- Experience managing social media on behalf of a leading academic or non-profit or corporate organization
- Knowledge of UCSF, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, policies, practices, infrastructure, and a strong knowledge of current affairs, and issues in higher education and / or health sciences
- Experience creating, developing, and implementing comprehensive long and short term strategic communications plans
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML and Drupal
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://ucsfedu.contacthr.com/70763679.jpg />
To apply for this position, please use the link provided.