Public Relations Manager
- Full Time
At Grammarly, we believe that everyone should be heard and understood. We know that clear and effective communication improves people’s lives—and we want to help everyone improve their communication. That’s why we’ve built an AI-powered writing assistant: to help the world’s 2 billion English speakers feel more confident in communicating clearly and effectively. So far, we’ve created a product used by more than 20 million people every day. Join us to reach the next 100 million.
As Grammarly’s first-ever Public Relations Manager, you’ll be joining the small but mighty communications team to lead our public relations strategy and execution. You will work closely with the Head of Communications to own Grammarly PR across all dimensions—from maximizing the visibility of product news to building out our thought leadership in the AI communications space.
The Public Relations Manager will serve a critical role in advancing public understanding about Grammarly’s AI-powered writing assistant and the company’s values-driven mission. Your responsibilities will include building and executing PR campaigns resulting in earned media coverage that amplifies Grammarly’s brand to key external stakeholders, including current and potential customers.
Tasks will include overseeing and building Grammarly's PR calendar, handling media requests, evaluating inbound opportunities, managing PR agency relationships, briefing and training spokespeople, building relationships with reporters, drafting or finessing pitches and contributed content, liaising with Grammarly’s product marketing and content teams, monitoring and measuring media coverage.
In the first 30 days, you will take a deep dive into company strategy and business goals. Familiarize yourself with Grammarly’s past PR campaigns and immerse yourself in Grammarly’s current media relations plans and processes. Learn about Grammarly’s content strategy and product roadmap. Begin building relationships with key team members.
By month three, you will assume ownership of day-to-day Grammarly media relations (e.g., overseeing existing PR plans, managing the press inbox). Establish and begin executing a six-month PR plan that encompasses business goals, product and company milestones, and thought leadership platforms. Fully take over the management of Grammarly’s partnering PR agency.
By month six, you will continue the execution of an established PR plan, including developing and launching a proactive, brand-forward campaign. Evaluate PR and media relations capacity-growing needs. Media-train and finetune the platforms of Grammarly’s spokespeople. Evaluate the role of events and conferences in our public relations efforts.
By the end of your first year, you will define Grammarly’s long-term public relations vision as part of the overall Grammarly communications team, and you will assume some responsibilities as a spokesperson for the organization.
This is the right opportunity for you if
- You embody our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, Remarkable).
- You have exemplary written communication and the ability to clearly and effectively articulate ideas and feedback verbally.
- You can convey a brand’s story in words and images in a way that connects with the target audience.
- You understand and can explain technical products as well as (or even better than) a product manager, and you can put the value into clear language for external audiences.
- You can connect with people and build effective and trusting relationships with folks of various backgrounds.
- You have experience identifying relevant reporters and media outlets, crafting compelling outreach, and facilitating engagement on strategically relevant topics going beyond product reviews and company news.
- You have experience building relationships and a strong roster of contacts with relevant media.
- You have PR experience at a tech company or as part of an agency supporting tech company clients.
- You understand and stay up-to-date on the evolving tech media landscape.
It almost goes without saying that we’ll offer you
Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.Project exposure and ownership that impact our world, users, product, colleagues, and business. Healthcare, 401(k), communication coaching, and great coworkers!
Our commitment to diversity The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in E-Verify.