WWD: Events Director
- Full Time
WWD: Events Director
Penske Media Corp. is hiring an Events Director for Fairchild Live, the experiential division of Fairchild Fashion Media - brands include WWD, Beauty Inc and Footwear News. Fairchild Live hosts 30+ summits, forums, and events annually to encourage innovation across fashion, beauty, footwear and retail.
- Oversee event budget management and planning
- Establish program agenda in tandem with editorial
- Provide creative direction and overarching brand story for summits and events including event collateral, show media, video, photo and other digital media
- Research and secure venues/scout internationally for new vendor procurement
- Determine agencies and suppliers of records, and negotiate contract terms and conditions for major services for both domestic and international events.
- Evaluate new sponsorship proposals and existing partnerships to extract maximum value and experience assets
- Strategize with sales teams to leverage sponsorship assets, create earned media opportunities, and meet business and brand objectives
- Lead by example; demonstrate strong work ethic, creative abilities and industry expertise
- Minimum 4-6 years of B2B, thought leader, event planning experience
- Highly proficient at Excel, PowerPoint & Keynote – success forecasting and monitoring event budgets
- Strong vendor relationships and knowledge of venues in NYC and LA
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with key internal stakeholders to develop new business opportunities
- Extremely well organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Great communicator, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Often referred to as “the fashion bible,” WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, socialites, and trend-makers. WWD’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.