- Part Time
About Northminster Presbyterian Church
Northminster Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) is a vibrant community “Growing in Faith, Rooted in Love.” The church, almost 100 years old, engages in a wide range of ministries, both locally and globally, and seeks to nurture people of all ages in fellowship and faith formation. Northminster welcomes all to participate fully in the life of the church.
The Communication Coordinator will keep the congregation and community informed of and engaged in everything Northminster has to offer through clear, consistent, and high-quality communication. This involves producing the weekly email newsletter, updating information on the church’s website, and maturing Northminster’s presence on social media. The person holding this position will work primarily with staff, the Communications Committee, and other committees as needed. They must be proficient in creating and managing email lists and messages, as well as social media tools. This position requires someone who can communicate clearly and directly with internal and external audiences, work with a variety of members to articulate the work of the congregation, and meet deadlines for high-quality communications.
Reports To: Senior Pastor/Head of Staff
- Solicit and write content for, design, edit, and produce member communications, including weekly newsletters and other periodic communications
- Create and maintain content on the church’s website and social media accounts
- Work with staff and volunteers to promote church and community events in various communication channels
- Use various metrics (i.e. Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Constant Contact) to track engagement
- Identify new tools and approaches to improve Church communication.
- Support the Stewardship Committee in building and executing an effective communication strategy for its annual campaign
- College degree; Bachelor’s preferred
- 3-5 years of communications experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with (or ability to learn) member database software, ACS preferred
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, SignUpGenius, and photography helpful
Skills & Attributes
- Strong written, oral, and visual communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven experience working with colleagues and volunteers to generate content
- Professionalism, integrity, and warmth
- Self-directed with the ability to learn quickly
Salaried position commensurate with experience and ability and budget constraints. Northminster Presbyterian Church is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with the subject line “Communication Coordinator.”