WWD: Video Producer / Editor
- Full Time
WWD: Video Producer / Editor
WWD is seeking a well- rounded Video Producer / Editor to join our creative team. Often referred to as “the fashion bible,” WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, socialites, and trend-makers. WWD’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
The Video Producer / Editor will collaborate with newsroom and digital teams to create fashion news videos for WWD’s multiple social outlets and wwd.com. Videos will range from designer and celebrity interviews, events, studio visits and compositing photos and text for news and trends. The ideal candidate will shoot original footage as well as edit from commissioned footage and images and perform some footage and photo research. They will be able to quickly edit, create custom graphics, and package content into dynamic short form pieces. Fluency in both emerging and longstanding social/video platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook are essential.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of producing original high production value content video. The primary role for the Video Producer / Editor is to work with our Visual Web, and Editorial teams to create videos that support the daily news and feature stories that engages our audience and aligns with the WWD brand.
Reporting to the Visual Media Director, the Video Producer/Editor will:
- Produce and edit daily video that is conceived for the web and social outlets
- Work with our video team and various brand leaders to fill the growing demand for video content surrounding events
- Produce, shoot and edit high quality footage that suits the needs of the brand
- Manage on-location shoots, sets, and crews
- Manage multiple productions and ensure delivery on time.
- 2+ years’ of experience shooting, creating and managing the production of premium digital video
- Background in entertainment, news, fashion or similarly related digital consumer media
- Fluency in core video social platforms and their video integration
- Ability to work efficiently across multiple events, platforms and stakeholders
- A track record of coming up with solutions for logistical challenges
- Fluency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Shooting with DSLR, digital cinema, and mirrorless cameras -- multi-cam switching
- Ability to research licensable photos and footage
Please send a link to an online portfolio or work samples in order to be considered for the position.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.