Manager, Digital Marketing
- Full Time
FULL-TIME JOB VACANCY
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
Development and Outreach Department
Application Deadline: July 24, 2019
The Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking a highly-qualified applicant for the position of Digital Marketing Manager. The Marketing team is responsible for the organization’s marketing fundraising initiatives in the United States. The Digital Marketing Manager is based in New York and reports to the Director of Marketing.
1. Keep projects on track with timelines for e-appeals, campaigns, cultivations and other items;
2. Manage review of all digital elements through internal vetting pipeline;
3. Update working documents to track digital projects (i.e., sourcing, tracking, and appeal codes), including requesting and documenting URL redirects;
4. Execute approved marketing posts for Human Rights Watch social media channels;
5. Manage photo database and ensure all marketing images (HRW owned or licensed) are recorded;
6. Maintain digital staff seed list and coordinate launch of all marketing emails delivered;
7. Develop and coordinate the launch and optimization of monthly digital e-newsletter including compiling programmatic information, highlighting staff, and other online cultivation actions while growing the newsletter constituency base;
8. Coordinate the implementation of social media fundraising tools, including collaborating with Finance Division to establish monthly wire transfers and coordinating with Development Operations team to reconcile all donations;
9. Serve as primary digital marketing liaison with the photo/video team to maximize use of all HRW owned digital assets in marketing campaigns;
10. Coordinate with Development Operations and Web teams to implement all digital optimizations on donation forms and website;
11. Coordinate communication between Web team and Marketing team, including the planning and coordination of all marketing activities that cut across the Human Rights Watch website;
Engaging Networks Development
12. Build and execute digital marketing campaign assets in e-CRM (currently Engaging Networks), including the development and launching of email messages, donation pages, online engagement action pages, and building the relevant coding and URL tracking;
13. Devise and carry out A/B testing of emails and pages;
14. Create marketing automation journeys for multiple audiences;
15. Troubleshoot with Web team on website fundraising elements that interact with eCRM, including lightbox, sticky banner, website banners, and sign-up functionality;
16. Execute donation page optimization and building of confirmation screens and auto follow-up emails;
17. Build and develop all integrated direct mail donation pages;
18. Build individual emails in Engaging Networks on ad hoc basis and provide reporting on performance metrics as needed;
Internal / Administrative
19. Work closely with the Director and Manager of Marketing, including communicating information between vendors and facilitating project management;
20. Coordinate with IT to create and optimize workflow platforms to facilitate marketing vetting process;
21. Manage media spend credit card utilized across Marketing, Advocacy, and external parties, including pulling individual reports from all advertising platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Bing) to process expenses to the corresponding department; and
22. Carry out other tasks as needed;
Education: A bachelor’s degree in international relations, journalism, law, social sciences or related studies is required.
Experience: A minimum of three to five years of relevant experience, preferably in Development, is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Strong interest in digital marketing and fundraising is required.
2. Creativity, initiative, follow-through and excellent project management skills are required.
3. Excellent oral and written communications skills in English are required. Proficiency in another language is desirable.
4. Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively within HRW as well as with external partners are required.
5. Strong technology skills and experience with fundraising CRMs (preferably Blackbaud Sphere and Raiser’s Edge or other Blackbaud products, and Salesforce) is highly desirable; experience with Microsoft Office is required.
6. Ability to multi-task effectively, including having good planning and organizing skills and ability to work well under pressure are required.
7. Creativity, initiative, follow-through and excellent organizational skills are required.
8. Demonstrated commitment to human rights and/or international issues and the capacity to master and represent the mission and programs of Human Rights Watch are essential.
Salary and Benefits: HRW seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately or by July 24, 2019 by visiting our online job portal via the link provided and attaching a cover letter and resume. No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large response, application submissions via email will not be accepted and inquiries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.
Human Rights Watch is strong because it is diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Human Rights Watch does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of socio-economic backgrounds and perspectives on the world. Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer.
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.