Part Time Editor
- Full Time
Newscast Editor (Part-time)
WLWT-TV, the Hearst owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati, has an immediate opening for a part-time Newscast Editor. The position requires a good understanding of a file-based workflow and non-linear editing systems. Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premier and Bitcentral preferred. The ideal candidate is detail orientated, performs well under deadlines, and has good time management skills. We want someone who understands the importance of using natural sound and knows how to create continuity when editing a news story.
· Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
· Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
· Proactively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
· Ensure proper storage and organization of media files.
· Work independently.
· Maintain standards for all edited material.
· Take in ENG and SNG feeds.
· Any other editing duties as assigned.
· Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
· Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
· Must be able to manage multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
· Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
· Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
· Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
· Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
· Military experience will be considered.
· High School Diploma
· Some college or technical school preferred