DK is currently seeking a National Account Manager to serve as the Education and Library channel expert. In this role, you will be responsible for selling and positioning DK titles to a number of accounts, including Baker & Taylor, Ingram, Follett, and Brodart, and will work closely with the Penguin Random House Education Sales team. This position will be responsible for managing one direct report.
* Maximize DK title sales and market share at account base.
* Position and sell titles on a monthly/seasonal basis and conduct seasonal previews.
* Liaise with Education Sales team to provide regular updates and strategic support.
* Create and maintain a monthly forecast for each account and communicate opportunities and challenges.
* Create and analyze sales reports, monitor market conditions and competitor activity.
* Partner with DK Marketing counterparts to enhance opportunities in this channel.
* Collaborate with internal departments, including editorial, marketing, publicity and inventory, to maximize each title’s potential within the marketplace.
* Actively participate in all publisher meetings, specifically with regard to account updates and customer needs.
* Maintain regular communication regarding account information to retailers, publishers, and management.
* Travel as necessary to sales appointments and trade shows (up to 25% in a year).
* Manage and oversee the work of one direct report.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in adult or children’s publishing, prior account management experience preferred
* Proven ability to create retail and/or education or library promotions and develop other strategies to increase sales
* Proven relationship-building skills internally and externally
* Ability to budget and forecast accurately.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Results driven and takes appropriate steps to achieve strategic goals set forth by manager
* Excellent organizational skills
* Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
* Excellent attention to detail.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher and part of Penguin Random House. DK publishes highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children; our aim is to inform, enrich and entertain readers of all ages. DK acts as the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series, Prima Games, video gaming publishers, as well as the award-winning travel publisher, Rough Guides.