Penguin Random House is seeking a Managing Editor in the Penguin Young Readers group. As a member of a managing editorial team that manages the day-to-day workflow of four children’s book imprints, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of managing editorial experience, the ability to manage multiple schedules, be a team player, and have the ability to communicate with the Editorial, Design, Production, Sales, and Marketing teams. Familiarity with SAP and File Maker Pro a plus.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Acts as point person between Editorial, Production, Art & Design, Publicity, and Marketing departments.
* Creates book schedules and coordinates with the Design, Editorial, and Production teams to maintain those schedules.
* Interacts with the Production Editorial team to manage the copyediting workflow.
* Maintains title information databases.
* Tracks seasonal milestones for the release of metadata, ordering sales materials, and applying for reading levels.
* Oversees sale of text and jacket/cover files to foreign publishers.
* Manages reprint corrections for hardcover and paperback lists.
* Supplies information and book files to supported departments as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of 3-5 years managing editorial experience.
* Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating with employees across all levels and functions.
* Familiarity with pdf editorial workflow.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with database management is a plus.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.