Ebook Technical Specialist
We have a career opportunity for a technical specialist within our ebook development team. This team within the corporate Penguin Random House Ebook Development and Operations Group is focused on building tools to help conversion processes as well as providing support for these tools and processes in a Mac environment. The ebook technical specialist will be expected to assist with all aspects of the ebook development team responsibilities, however relative weight of these job functions will depend on candidate experience and department needs.
· Workflow and software development predominantly in Python, using Jira and Git
· 1st level technical support of ebook production processes. This includes, but is not limited to, epub debugging, internal and external tool support, understanding of our tagging and design processes and InDesign help.
· Workflow and software testing
· Process and technical documentation
· Internal standards development
· At least 2 years of experience in Python (preferred, candidates with experience in other languages will be considered)
· Knowledge of ebook production or print book design and production
And experience in at least three of the following:
· Software development in a team environment using version control (Git preferred) and issue/bug tracking (Jira preferred)
· Software testing practices
· Programing in a Mac environment including the use of AppleScript
· Automating Adobe InDesign
· Providing 1st level technical supportPenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.