Manager, Marketing and Communications
- Full Time
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Manager, Marketing and Communications will play a critical role in helping establish and execute strategic and creative plans, online and offline, to reinvent how the Port Authority engages with the hundreds of millions customers who use and rely upon the Port Authority’s airports, PATH commuter rail, and bridges and tunnels facilities to get to where they need to go. This is a leadership role with responsibility for developing strategic plans and drive creative execution to help reimagine a “customer service first” model. As a senior member of the marketing team, the Manager, Marketing & Communications will be a key player in building a “best in class” marketing organization.
At a time of exciting change and innovation within the Port Authority, the Manager, Marketing and Communications will be expected to deliver against several key pillars of focus: marketing strategy, creative development and execution, data-driven decision-making and measurement, and digital ecosystem optimization (e.g. website personalization strategies). Working closely with the Director of Marketing, s/he will help transform the marketing function from one of execution to one of strategic leadership.
The Manager, Marketing and Communications will guide department staff in the creation and delivery of marketing initiatives including advertising campaigns, website content, collateral materials, and other marketing deliverables. This position is also responsible for oversight of some external vendors including the marketing agency of record and freelance creative talent.
- Provide strategic, creative and executional direction for the Port Authority’s airports, PATH, Tunnels and Bridges marketing/communications.
- Work with the marketing managers to develop strategies with detailed and actionable work plans that deliver against the Agency’s priorities, especially in terms of creating a world class, 21st century customer experience: “beautiful ideas beautifully executed”.
- Develop and execute strategies to optimize the ROI of our new Agency website, from personalization strategy to content development.
- Lead staff of seven, including two direct reports.
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing, help transform the team into a truly strategic function for the Port Authority.
- Prepare the annual marketing budget submission; and monitor expenditures throughout the year to ensure budget compliance.
- Oversee the preparation various administrative plans and documents required for agency programs and initiatives such as ERM update, Business Continuity Plan, MWBE reporting, etc.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10 years of management/supervisory experience in marketing/ communications, corporate communications, creative direction or customer experience (preferably a combination thereof).
- Demonstrated marketing and brand strategy experience.
- Experience in digital strategy (e.g. personalization or content development)
- Proven change management experience.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience in a core Port Authority business: aviation, transport or infrastructure.
- An agile, rigorous, driven and creative professional mindset.
- Knowledge of/experience with client-side ad agency management, paid media markets, and media buying strategies and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the New York/New Jersey media environment (particularly radio markets), is a plus.
- Experience with supervision of graphic design resources.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://panynj.contacthr.com/70774268.jpg />
To apply for this position, please use the link provided.