- Full Time
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking an Acquiring Editor to originate, and project manage all editorial work from concept to publication for a variety of book and book plus projects, and act as a team leader on designated projects and book titles, initiating and developing book ideas, detailing and monitoring schedules, enlisting authors, and writing content. This position will be in our Seattle area office location! Come join our Seattle team!
The key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as editorial lead on a wide range of books both licensed and novelty from manuscript editing and layouts through final production
- Research an enlist appropriate authors, helping expand the stable of highly skilled writers
- Independently edit book proposals and projects, often providing written content, including cover copy and captions
- Collaborate with team members in developing and delivering high-quality book projects
- Monitor schedules and work with teams to ensure book titles deliver on time and on budget
- Serve as the primary contact with licensor throughout the development process
- Work creatively with team members to develop and deliver high-quality book projects
- Contribute proactively to new ideas, keep up on trends, and pop culture events
- Write pitches, concept briefs, catalog copy, and other content in support of project ideas
- Prepare publishing packs for management review, including concept write ups, competitive titles, key selling points, author bios, etc.
- Assist Editorial Director in shaping and maintaining publishing list
- Other duties as assigned.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- A minimum of 5 years' editorial experience in publishing
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Knowledge of all aspects of publishing with an emphasis on book development and production
- Strong editing ability, i.e., developmental, substantive, and line editing
- A proven record of meeting deadlines and budgets while maintaining the highest level of quality control
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects and effectively prioritize within tight deadlines
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit cover letter, salary expectations and resume by email to email@example.com.
We offer a wide range of competitive benefits! Please visit our website at: http://www.quartoknows.com/Corporate/Employment/
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Acquiring Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly