Donor Engagement and Communications Specialist
- Full Time
DONOR ENGAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
To work at Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is to be connected, inspired, educated and supported by the people you work with and by our communities around us. We are a collection of artists, analysts, storytellers, planners, and creative minds on a common mission: to reach and inspire our communities to learn more, see more, BE more. And, you could be part of this team!
TPT has an immediate opening for a Donor Engagement and Communications Specialist. This critical role develops, designs, and implements a broad range of compelling philanthropic communications, marketing materials and donor engagement activities that engage, cultivate and inspire major and planned giving donors and prospects.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Partners with TPT’s Marketing Team to oversee the development and production of case-building publications, brochures, event invitations, web sites, presentations, promotional videos, and other communications vehicles that are targeted for major and planned giving donors/prospects and special initiatives.
- Develops compelling donor stewardship materials and communications, including but not limited to stewardship and impact reports, donor recognition, acknowledgment letters and calls, solicitation letters, proposals, donor testimonials, and email updates.
- Collaborates with TPT’s Event Team to lead the planning, execution of events and oversee event logistics such as RSVPs, nametags, information displays, catering, A/V, talking points, set-up, and creating a welcoming experience and flow.
- Completes event follow-up such as scheduling staff debriefs, ensuring prompt and complete data entry, correspondence with attendees, and finalizing vendor invoices.
- Serves as departmental liaison to key organization-wide communications-related initiatives and external partnerships assisting with mailing and marketing strategies for Development.
- Develops content for donor program events and activities. Keeps current on TPT content and integrates key organizational impact messaging in donor relations activities and materials.
- Responsible for analytics and assessment for Development communications.
- Assists in the cultivation and stewardship of donors through customized correspondence.
- Assists with coordination of Development mailings and tracks donor gifts and receipts as necessary.
- 5+ years of experience in Development and/or Donor Communications and Engagement preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field.
- Proven ability to plan and execute strategic communications to major and planned giving donors and prospects using a variety of platforms.
- Demonstrated skill in planning and executing donor engagement events and activities.
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communication skills. Ability to use words and visuals to motivate and excite audiences.
- Proven capability in managing and delivering multiple projects on schedule with consistency of overall messaging and design.
- Self-starter with strong interviewing and information-gathering skills.
- Collaborative relationship-builder and problem-solver that enjoys working on teams and with subject matter experts.
- Proficiency and experience with computers is required with a strong understanding of Microsoft products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience using and managing a CRM system preferred with demonstrated experience in tracking and reporting on key metrics and campaign results.
- Passionate about public media and working with diverse, multi-cultural audiences.
- Ability to occasionally work nights or weekends for donor events.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Cover Letter
- 2-3 writing samples
To apply, visit our website via the link provided and click "Apply for Jobs" button.
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org