Senior Publicist (Fiction)
- Full Time
Join the HarperCollins Publicity team as a Senior Publicist! Under limited supervision, the Senior Publicist manages all aspects of a publicity campaign for approximately 2-3 titles a month. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of titles for Dey Street and William Morrow Books.
- Works independently publicizing books and authors of mostly fiction and occasionally nonfiction titles.
- Schedules interviews with broadcast, print and online media, developing proper angles and pitches.
- Briefs authors on how to handle interviews.
- Schedules author tours with both traditional bookstore appearances and off-site events involving third party partners.
- Actively develops and maintains media contacts, including national, regional, local and online.
- Writes press releases and pitch letters, and other promotional materials relating to a book’s campaign.
- Works closely with marketing, sales, online marketing, and editorial.
- Attends prospective author meetings.
- Participates in editorial meetings.
- Works closely with directors on developing creative publicity campaigns.
- A minimum of 4 years of prior work experience in publicity, with significant experience on major fiction campaigns, and an emphasis placed on booking top-line media in both traditional and digital outlets and author tours
- A proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of the media and a familiarity with book reviewers, magazine editors, and bloggers
- Experience working on celebrity titles and brands a plus
- A deep understanding of the digital media space, including bloggers and social media
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to act as an ambassador and influencer to the media, agents, authors and other opinion formers to reinforce the reputation of HarperCollins as a major, innovative publisher
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional writing skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to travel to author events as needed
- A college degree or equivalent experience
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.