The Font Management Associate plays a vital support role on the Content Applications team of the Penguin Random House IT Department. This position includes responsibilities in all aspects of administering the company’s centralized font-management program including, but not limited to, solving font problems; planning and conducting training; creating and maintaining documentation and communications; purchasing/licensing fonts; establishing and maintaining relationships with internal clients and external vendors; processing invoices; and more. On this fast-paced, service-oriented team, approximately 60 percent of the time will be dedicated to technical support/problem-solving and 40 percent to curating/administrative tasks.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Technical support and problem-solving: In a complex enterprise environment, solve font issues in a variety of publishing applications (including but not limited to the Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office suites), projects (including editorial and marketing products), and workflows (including print production, ebook conversion, and archiving). Provide user training in both one-on-one and group settings.
* Administration: Maintain font servers and client applications, including managing font assignments and user accounts. Write and maintain departmental documentation and communications. Interact with multiple teams and departments to ensure compliance with company policies and best practices.
* Procurement: Manage daily font requests; log, process, acquire estimates, and approve font purchases. Negotiate with font providers to secure proper usage rights at the best-possible price. Process and track invoices through accounts payable.
* Research and curation: Provide creative support and productivity assistance to individuals and teams through font research and related services. Promote cost savings, risk reduction, and process efficiencies by suggesting and implementing discoverability improvements within the font library.
* Other: Evaluate new/emerging font technologies and font-management tools. Suggest and implement process improvements and establish best practices. Additional tasks and special projects as assigned.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.