Manager, Order Management - Cox Business
- Full Time
The Manager of Order Management manages the implementation of projects to meet business initiatives, process improvement, product launches as well as other strategies and objectives.
This position will focus primarily on Cox Business IP Centrex (IPC), an advanced, cloud-based, hosted telephone system delivering business-grade voice service over Cox Business’ private network.
This role analyzes existing project management methods to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance, or other methods. Conducts risk assessments, facilitates communication across multiple operational groups, and ensures compliance with the defined process and/or implementation methods.
The successful candidate will improve the overall effectiveness and productivity of the Order Management organization, build and maintain effective relationships and work closely with stakeholders, both locally and nationally, to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are established and supporting within the Commercial Business Organization.
• Provides critical leadership within the order management organization; oversees fulfillment functions to ensure appropriate communication and workflow across all departments.
• Communicates company and department goals, strategic vision and information to staff, department leaders, cross functional departments and stakeholders effectively.
• Manages resources to meet or exceed customer and/or business expectations including but not limited to staffing and workload allocation.
• Partners with stakeholders on strategic business planning and initiatives, pilot testing, implementing best practices and optimizing work-flow to enhance performance and drive effective resource management to meet or exceed customer and business expectations.
• Works with internal business partners to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded.
• Partners with sales and sales support leadership to maximize revenue, drive outstanding customer experience and achieve product delivery efficiency.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all company policies.
• Oversees all project management functions within the order management organization pertaining to IPC.
• Interacts directly with multiple sales channels to provide support and ensure sales the needs of the sales organization are being met.
• Reviews and translates customer escalations, provides solutions and supports team to execute appropriate solutions and/or responses. Develops processes to improve workflow and department efficiency.
• Provides for data base management to support the integrity of data for enterprise supported tools and applications.
• Develops self and others, models accountability, provides guidance, sets performance goals and expectations for the department, manages performance, provides training and development opportunities.
• May participate in the development of annual operating budgets and re-forecasts as necessary
• Ensures Order Management organization is in alignment with company and region specific policies and procedures, including compliance with all federal, state and local commission and agency rules and regulations.
• Promotes positive work environment, motivates and coaches staff to achieve department and company goals.
• Demonstrates enterprise wide thinking by collaborating across regions on special projects and develops, builds and manages relationships with Center and regional peers.
Reports to Director of Order Management/Sales Support
• 7 + years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, etc). 5 years of experience if candidate possesses advanced degree.
• Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
• BS/BA degree strongly desired.
• 2+ years of experience in a leadership role or leading cross functional projects preferred.
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
• Strong knowledge of hosted telephone systems.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.