Senior Executive Producer, Originals
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12+ is part of News 12 Networks and will focus on presenting long-form programming ranging from news/current affairs, weather, politics, lifestyle, entertainment, health and wellness, and more. Additionally, it will have a rotation of hyperlocal and national news headlines. The network covers the New York DMA focusing on New York City, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut.News 12+ is looking for a dynamic and innovative leader to conceptualize, develop and oversee the creation and execution of new programming for a new local broadcast network. You will provide strategic insight, creative and operational leadership on all news, current affairs, lifestyle, food, entertainment and more. You will work together with the VP of News Development to create a programming schedule that drives ratings, promotes retention and customer engagement. Oversee and manage department budget and perform staff performance evaluations. In addition, you will be responsible for editorial decisions in all areas of production. You must also evaluate and develop a strategy for day-to-day production operations that maximizes efficiencies while producing a high-volume of daily original content. Ensure multiple relevant partnerships are established and optimized (Programmers, Production Companies, Social Influencers). Will work closely with the Media Sales organization and assist in the optimization of sponsorship and ad revenue ideas/opportunities. Foster and encourage collaboration among cross-functioning departments, including but not limited to - News 12 networks, News 12 Interactive, public relations, media sales, marketing, promotions and social media – discovering and fine tuning synergies and efficiencies. All while ensuring all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum 10 years of experience in programming development, people management and operations at an entertainment, news or media company
- Experience in overseeing traditional and/or new media content and programming development with demonstrated expertise in building, maintaining and growing targeted niche markets
- Proven ability to negotiate talent and content agreements as well as acquire and maintain relationships with 3rd party vendors and content providers
- Experience in launching new shows/networks a plus
- Highly effective team leader with the ability to provide vision and guidance to producers and production staff
- Hands on experience and expertise in all phases of television production
- Exceptional writing and story development skills, with the ability to coach and mentor young talent and production teams
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet strict daily production deadlines
- Must be able to work weekends and nights during production windows with an ability to handle high volumes of complex projects and tasks
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to travel around the tristate area, as needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.