- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Westchester / News 12 Hudson Valley is looking for a Supervising Producer who can inspire a team of line producers to build strong newscasts using sound news judgment and a healthy dose of creativity. This person will supervise news gathering and presentation of hyperlocal news coverage on all platforms.
Responsibilities will include: overseeing editorial content and monitoring the construction of newscasts, copy editing newscast and reporter scripts and working closely with the Assignment Desk Supervisor to monitor developing stories, breaking news and crew logistics. The Supervising Producer will also be asked to step in to produce newscasts as needed.
Other responsibilities include: coaching and training producers; conducting performance reviews; coordinating scheduling of staff; monitoring the news product across all platforms to ensure quality control and maximize added value on the News 12 digital, social and OTT platforms. The Supervising Producer will also be required to collaborate with the News Director and other news managers to develop special segments and news programming, including but not limited to, elections and town meetings; troubleshoot issues and perform other duties as assigned.
Must have a positive attitude, good temperament, collaborative spirit and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of five years in journalism, including three years in television news producing, or equivalent
- Must have excellent writing & editing skills, and news judgment that follows the style of the News 12 organization
- Experience in managing teams is required
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays, is required
- Competency in technical aspects of television production as well as a thorough knowledge of journalism and television news is required
- Must have excellent knowledge of current events and history
- Should have excellent organizational, multi-tasking, leadership, communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Should have superior news judgment, excellent coaching and training skills and strong team building skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.