Washington News Editor in New York
- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal seeks a New York-based editor to coordinate the efforts coming from D.C. with the staff in New York. The Washington News Editor helps the Washington Coverage Chief drive daily and long-term news and enterprise, publishing content across digital platforms with a mobile-first focus.
Candidates should have extensive experience with editing and writing, superb news judgment and deep knowledge of federal agencies, economics and politics. Applicants also must have deep understanding of the brand values and mission of The Wall Street Journal, digital and print, and how our journalism is executed and presented in line with those values. They should be aware of our audience and membership structure and have a solid grasp of video as a content format.
- Work with the Washington Coverage Chief to implement and regularly re-evaluate Washington’s content strategy across all WSJ platforms and formats.
- Implement a daily coverage plan for all platforms in cooperation with the Chief News Editor, with input from our audience and platform teams.
- Implement a rolling long- and mid-term coverage plan for all platforms in cooperation with the Planning Editor, with input from our audience and platform teams.
- Oversee the creation of story packages on article-page level (text, visuals, video, inset boxes for related articles or twitter, timelines, etc.) and ensure the packages are optimized for mobile audiences and adhere to WSJ standards.
- Ensure the timely and coordinated publication of all coverage area story packages in coordination with the Washington Coverage Chief and the Chief News Editor.
- Track key performance indicators with the audience and data teams. Provide regular and actionable feedback to staff to improve overall journalistic quality and workflow efficiency.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17653