Sr. Copywriting Specialist
- Full Time
- All candidates must provide both a cover letter and resume to Fracture’s recruitment email (Careers@Fractureme.com) to be considered. For us, this is the first stage of the interview process, so be sure to take your time. Tell us about yourself, about why you think you’d be a great fit for this position, and what attracted you Fracture as a company.
- The position is located onsite in Alachua, FL (15 minutes from downtown Gainesville, FL).
- 13025 NW US Highway 441, Alachua, Florida 32615
- Local candidates preferred, those willing to relocate preferred, for the right applicant a virtual position may be considered.
- Must be eligible and authorized to work in the U.S. and not need sponsorship now or in the near future.
- No vendors or agencies
What's the gig?
The Sr. Copywriting Specialist takes the lead role in key functions related to the copywriting team: editing, training, supervising, etc. They also work as a member of the marketing team to produce written content across the company’s media channels including blogs, landing pages, email, and social media posts. This position also collaborates with the marketing team to assist in the ideation and execution of written content strategy.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Embody the values of the Fracture brand through a commitment to the ethical and sustainable use of environmental resources in and out of the workplace.
- Collaborate with various members of our marketing team to develop content marketing materials to include the blog, email, social media, and website copy.
- Editing content pieces produced by other copywriting team members.
- Supervises or acts as a lead for the functional aspects copywriting team.
- Manages ongoing copywriting education/training for both copywriters and marketing team members.
- Effectively interpret creative briefs and direction into a copy that is compelling, engaging and on-brand.
- Produce error-free copy that adheres to the company’s branding and style guidelines.
- Manage multiple projects at once, while consistently delivering upon deadlines.
- ~10% of travel may be necessary to support company-sponsored events, functions, and conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on the needs of the department, business, and organization and as communicated by management.
What’s needed for success in the role and company?
- Deep understanding of the customer journey and the role that content plays in both building that relationship and driving sales.
- Knowledgeable about current industry SEO best practices.
- Experience copywriting for brands in either an in-house or agency setting.
- Intermediate experience writing for Ecommerce brands (three-plus years).
- Intermediate experience and proficiency level with PC, Mac, Google Suite, and Asana.
- Ability to adapt writing style to embody a particular voice in adherence to brand guidelines.
- Skilled at crafting copy that is human, emotive and customer-centric.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication, business professional, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and time management/multi-tasking skills to deliver tasks on time.; comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Natural creativity and ability to contribute fresh ideas in a team and cross-functional team brainstorming and collaboration sessions.
- Have a learners mindset with a student mentality and a desire to constantly learn more and sharpen existing skills; continuous professional development.
- Exhibit a self-starter attitude, sense of initiative, self-motivation with a positive attitude.
- Delivering results. Consistently overcomes obstacles to meet goals. Anticipates problems, is proactive to minimize issues and initiates action to deal with problems as they arise.
- Adapting to change and leading change. Encourages others to accept change and gives them an understanding of the reason for the change. Highlights potential improvements in current systems, processes, and procedures.
- Emotional Intelligence. Is skillful in being able to identify, regulate and recognize emotions both in oneself and others.
- Team player, engagement, and building. Is collaborative in approach and committed to the pursuit of team goals.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration
- 3 years experience copywriting for brands in either an in-house or agency setting
- Experience writing for e-commerce brands
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications or other related fields