UX Interaction Designer II
- Full Time
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking an UX Interaction Designer ll to join our AutoTrader team in Atlanta, GA. As a UX Interaction Designer II, you will be a pivotal member of our team drawing from your deep understanding of design standards and best practices to create design deliverables including wireframes, UX prototypes, and UI specifications.
You will work closely with partners across UX, Product Management, and Technology to ensure that exceptional user-centered experiences that support business objectives are delivered to market in a scaled agile environment. You must be able to collaborate across disciplines and execute with an eye for detail while working across multiple concurrent projects. The ideal candidate enjoys working with other team members to solve complex user/business problems and is comfortable mediating between user needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation! Technology We Use: Axure, Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to deeply understand a problem space and create solutions to car shopper and seller needs
- Create design deliverables, including wireframes, UX prototypes, and UI specifications, that simply solve user needs and meet business objectives while utilizing our existing design system
- Partner with UX Research to test your designs with end users and iterate based on findings
- Understand technical, business, and time limitations and design within these constraints
- Present your work to peers and business leaders to solicit feedback and gain consensus
- Participate in regular design reviews and be ready to clearly rationalize and justify design work and provide constructive feedback to other designers
- Utilize data provided by analytics and market research to inform design decisions
- Estimate effort, plan schedules, and manage time effectively
- Keep abreast of the latest UX design and technology trends
- Display curiosity and a willingness to explore new approaches in improving the interactions within a digital media experience
- Help foster a culture of innovation and teamwork across environments
Required Experience (minimum):
- Portfolio that shows an understanding and process of solving real user problems
- 4+ years of experience creating interaction design deliverables including wireframes, UX prototypes, and UI specifications for mobile responsive web experiences
- Ability to clearly communicate design work and decisions while being open and responsive to feedback
- Proven expertise in design software, including Axure, Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Cloud to create designs and interactive prototypes
- Deep understanding of and experience with the full UX design process and UX best practices
- Experience collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong prioritization, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects effectively
- Ability to deliver great design without close supervision
- Attention to detail and follow-through
What We Look For (preferred):
- Experience delivering UX design within an agile environment; experience within a scaled agile environment
- Usability testing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Information Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, etc.) or equivalent work experience required; Master’s degree
- Automotive industry experience
- Consulting experience
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.