- Full Time
The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) makes a difference for individuals, brands, and the industry by driving growth, advancing the interests of marketers and promoting and protecting the well-being of the marketing community. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. The ANA’s membership includes more than 1,700 companies with 25,000 brands that engage almost 100,000 industry professionals and collectively spend or support more than $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. The membership is comprised of more than 1,000 client-side marketers and more than 700 marketing solutions providers, which include leading marketing data science and technology suppliers, ad agencies, law firms, consultants, and vendors. Further enriching the ecosystem is the work of the nonprofit ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), which has the mission of enhancing the understanding of advertising and marketing within the academic and marketing communities.
The ANA is looking for a dynamic self-starter who is versatile and results-oriented with proven expertise and a track record in all aspects of event planning. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and organized individual who takes initiative. A hands-on, service-oriented attitude is a must. Strong writing, data entry, and interpersonal skills are essential. The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic plans to achieve business goals. In addition, we place a high value on relevant personal qualities: independence, energy, a commitment to quality, and teamwork. An individual who enjoys challenges and stays ahead of the curve. We currently have an opening for a coordinator, CMO Practice based in New York.
Reporting to the Vice President, CMO Initiatives, the coordinator is responsible for supporting and executing a clearly defined strategy in a manner that supports our CMO Practice while increasing brand equity and awareness. This position is responsible for supporting the development of a robust series of CMO Working group events globally that are hosted by influential marketing Global leaders.
New York, NY
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Collaborate with management team to plan, schedule, and orchestrate events designed to attract senior-level marketers
- Manage full-service logistical planning and post event follow-up to ensure the highest quality of service and value
- Serve as primary liaison to work with other ANA internal teams to ensure high quality of delivery and service
- Help with data collection, monthly and expenses for the team
- Other duties as assigned
- Continue to help the CMO Initiatives grow and evolve with new enhancements and ideas
- Receptionist coverage as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution required
- 2 years minimum of experience in event planning. Ideal for former agency Account Executive or Account Manager at an agency
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in Project Management Software
- Self-motivated - with the ability to work independently and as a valued team member
- Some travel required
- Detail oriented - with strong organizational skills, the ability to think strategically and creatively with a passion for creating high quality member experiences
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and is solution oriented
- Time Management – the individual must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to balance priorities, meet tight deadlines, and produce seamless events on budget
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Our competitive compensation package includes the following benefits, incentives, and perks:
Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, 401k match, flexible scheduling, generous Paid Time Off program, designated work from home days, summer Fridays, casual dress code, incentives and rewards
If your skills, experience, and enthusiasm align with this position's requirements and responsibilities, please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume.