Community Engagement + Documentation Coordinator
The Viacom Global Entertainment Group is looking for a freelance, in-house Community Engagement + Documentation Coordinator to research, write and maintain internal documentation and video tutorials for proprietary digital products and internal workflows. Coordinator will also maintain Viacom's documentation hub alongside the Community Engagement + Documentation Manager, and should have experience running a website.
The candidate should have a passion for writing clear and concise communication and high-quality documentation. He/she should be able to learn technical systems and software quickly, so as to be able to write about it clearly and accurately.
The candidate requires strong communications skills with teammates, direct management and engineering/technical staff. He/she should have a knack for wanting to learn everything about a system and value themselves an expert in them.
- Write documentation that focuses on content and site management across multiple platforms, that is easily digestible to a global audience
- Write documentation on production workflows
- Ability to translate technical information into plain language
- Create video tutorials to supplement training documentation
- Work independently in a content management system to maintain training website
- Validate accuracy of existing documentation
- Ability to multi-task effectively with excellent project and time management skills
- Create templates for standardizing system documentation
- Degree in Technical Writing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience with technical documentation, product manuals, or related work
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communicator with superior writing and editing skills
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined team with remote co-workers
- Strong proficiency with editing and production tools (i.e. WordPress, SnagIt)