Associate Audience Engagement Editor
- Full Time
We're looking to hire an associate-level audience engagement editor with a strong editorial background who isn't afraid to shake things up. Can you find creative ways to grow and maintain Outside’s reader base? Want to spearhead the pop-up newsletter renaissance, rethink our Twitter strategy, and bring a new level of engagement and loyalty to all of our platforms? Are you interested in working for a privately-owned profitable publication that's showing double-digit year-over-year growth across all KPIs? Do you work hard and collaborate well? This might be the job for you.
The primary focus of this audience team member will be growing our newsletter program, but they’ll also contribute to our social media platforms. In addition to newsletter duties, this person will schedule Facebook and Twitter content several days per week, provide smart headline recommendations for all new stories, and manage weekly programming for two of our Facebook groups.
- Growing and managing the editorial side of Outside’s newsletter program, including writing, editing, building, and scheduling newsletters and producing voicey, on-brand copy for products such as re-engagement campaigns and welcome series.
- Workshopping display headlines alongside the rest of the team for all digital content and scheduling stories in our CMS for publication on the site.
- Scheduling content for all social channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) using both native platform publishing as well as third-party tools like SocialFlow.
- Reporting and tracking growth using metrics from social media and newsletter dashboards, Google Analytics, and Chartbeat.
- At least two years of full-time editorial experience at a digital publication.
- Basic Photoshop, HTML, and Google Analytics experience. Experience with SocialFlow a plus.
- Experience using newsletter services such as CampaignMonitor, MailChimp, etc.
- Strong writing chops and ability to produce clean copy quickly.
- Passion for and experience with outdoor sports and news.
Applications Due: August 1
IMPORTANT: This job is based at our Santa Fe, New Mexico office. No telecommuting.
No phone calls, please. Email your resume, cover letter, and links to your social media profiles (personal and brand pages) with both your name and "Audience Engagement Editor” in the subject line.