Marketing Director - Dutton
Posted: 7/18/2019 | Expires: 8/17/2019
Location: NY, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Dutton imprint at Penguin Random House is seeking a Marketing Director to oversee and execute the marketing campaigns for a list of commercial fiction and non-fiction books. Dutton is a boutique imprint that publishes both fiction and nonfiction bestselling authors including Lisa Gardner, Tami Hoag, Fiona Davis, Riley Sager, Jonathan Tropper, Carl Zimmer, Sean Carroll, Nick Offerman, Daniel Levitin, Craig Unger, and Alex Kershaw among many others.
The Marketing Director:
* Acts as the point-person for all marketing campaigns, working directly with the Publisher, author, Editorial, Publicity, Sales, other internal department and other external contacts.
* Manages and mentors staff of title marketers
* Manages annual marketing budget
* Develops, executes, and analyzes creative marketing campaigns for frontlist and backlist titles
* Collaborates with authors and agents to most effectively market their titles
* Partners with our internal advertising department to develop creative ad campaigns
* Leverages Consumer Insights and analytics for targeting and messaging
* Gathers data and insights from digital ad campaigns on a monthly basis for post-mortem analysis
* Identify current marketplace trends and ways to leverage backlist based on those trends
* Provides sales strategy and support for sell-in of individual titles
* Helps provide direction for the social media strategy for platforms and titles including post-mortem ad analytics
* Assists authors with the development of their online/social media platforms
* Minimum 7 years of relevant marketing experience
* Experience working on creative and strategic campaigns
* Ability to work with people at all levels
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
* Knowledge of digital marketing tools, such as: Facebook Business Manager/Audience Insights, Google Analytics, etc.
* Strong knowledge of social media platforms
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Prior publishing experience a plus
Please apply using our online application and include resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.