Content Producer, Programming - News 12+
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12+ is part of News 12 Networks and will will focus on presenting long-form programming ranging from news/current affairs, weather, politics, lifestyle, entertainment, health and wellness, and more. Additionally, it will have a rotation of hyperlocal and national news headlines. The network covers the New York DMA focusing on New York City, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut.
News 12+ is looking a creative content producer to be part of an exciting new channel in the New York DMA focused on long-form programming ranging from local news/current affairs to lifestyle and entertainment. You should know your way around Adobe Premiere and DSLR and HD cameras. You will be responsible for producing and editing muitiple programs with guidance from the Executive Producer. You will make important editorial and creative decisions to develop engaging content for broadcast and social media to drive audience engagement. You must be adept at multitasking, writing multiple scripts, handling mutiple graphics elements, show timing, field coordination, line production and post production. You must be comfortable shooting high impact video and talent for the production of some of the original programming you will be responsible for. All while ensuring all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Minimum two years of experience as a news or features producer for broadcast television or digital media
• Exceptional producing and visual storytelling skills
• Organize strong, compelling, audience driven shows and execute the vision of senior management
• Must possess the ability to come up with strong story ideas, utilize all resources available, be a team player and thrive in a highly competitive news environment
• Must be very well organized, creative, team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Must be self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously
• Must possess excellent writing, communication and time management skills
• Accomplished camera operator with experience using HD & DSLR cameras
• Experienced editor, proficient in Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, etc.)
• Must be able to work weekends and nights during production windows with an ability to handle high volumes of complex projects and tasks
• Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
• Must be able to travel around the tristate area, as needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.