Content Producer, Sports & Digital
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
Are you ready to reinvent the way local news and sports content is delivered in NY/NJ/CT? Want to make your mark on the sports landscape covering the 11 pro teams, umpteen colleges and hundreds of high schools in the Tri-State area? Do you know the difference between a corner blitz and a corner kick? How about a cross dissolve and a fade-out? Or it’s and its? Can you create dynamic digital pieces day in and day out by writing, shooting, editing at a breakneck speed? And can you do all of this and be on camera at the same time? If you answered yes to every question, skip to the part where it says, “Apply Here”.
The Sports MMP/Host will produce timely and compelling content for News 12 Digital and Varsity with a focus on (but not limited to) sports. You are confident to write, produce, edit, shoot and deliver completed projects within a tight deadline, including field pieces as needed. Additionally, you can edit and produce features, studio segments, studio shows, and other content as needed with other talent.
• Two years’ experience as a content creator for broadcast television or digital media
• Avid sports fan and consumer with a strong knowledge of national and NY sports markets, preferably with experience covering sports for digital
• Understanding of current production and distribution trends in digital sports media
• Exceptional producing and visual storytelling skills
• On-camera experience required
• Accomplished and proficient camera operator with experience using HD & DSLR cameras
• Experienced editor, proficient in Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, etc.)
• Must have a strong knowledge of lighting and audio for field production
• Must be very well organized, creative, team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Must possess excellent writing, communication and time management skills
• Must be self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously
• Must be able to work weekends and late nights during production windows with an ability to handle high volumes of complex projects and tasks
• Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.