Executive Producer, Programming - News 12+
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12+ is part of News 12 Networks and will focus on presenting long-form programming ranging from news/current affairs, weather, politics, lifestyle, entertainment, health and wellness, and more. Additionally, it will have a rotation of hyperlocal and national news headlines. The network covers the New York DMA focusing on New York City, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut.News 12+ is looking for a dynamic Executive Producer to create and oversee the presentation of multiple shows for a new local broadcast network. You will work together with the Senior Executive Producer, Content Producers and Multimedia Producers to produce current affairs, lifestyle, food, entertainment and other programming. You will also collaborate with other Executive Producers at the News 12 Network of channels across the New York DMA. You are skilled at copy editing, knowledgeable about video editing, and have a strong understanding of how to create compelling long-form programming that drive ratings, plus promotes retention and customer engagement. You will provide coaching and training for the Content Producers; conduct performance reviews; and foster and encourage collaboration among cross-functioning departments, including but not limited to - News 12 networks, News 12 Interactive, marketing, promotions and social media. All while ensuring all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum 6 years of experience in programming development, people management and operations at an entertainment, news or media company
• Experience in overseeing traditional and/or new media content and programming development with demonstrated expertise in building, maintaining and growing targeted niche markets
• Experience in launching new shows a plus
• Highly effective team leader with the ability to guide a team of content producers and collaborating with other News 12 channels
• Hands on experience and expertise in all phases of television production
• Exceptional writing and story development skills, with the ability to coach and mentor young talent and production teams
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet strict daily production deadlines
• Must be able to work weekends and nights during production windows with an ability to handle high volumes of complex projects and tasks
• Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
• Must be able to travel around the tristate area, as needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.