Promotion and Marketing Manager
- Full Time
Come be the difference at Hearst Radio's 98 Rock & WBAL NewsRadio, located a short distance from the majestic Inner Harbor of Baltimore. Baltimore is a city rich in history…from the birthplace of the Star Spangled Banner to the home of the Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens, there is something for everyone in our town. Come join us and be the bigger picture!!
WIYY-FM WBAL-AM/FM, Hearst Radio/Baltimore, is seeking a highly motivated Promotion & Marketing Manager. This person must be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously while elevating the sound and image of our legacy brands. This person will also be a key player in helping develop and produce targeted, promotional campaigns that connect with our audiences across all platforms.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Oversee, manage and lead marketing & promotion department.
- Identify and implement strategies for increasing station brand awareness and resonance.
- Develop ongoing marketing strategies on all platforms including production & placement of television commercials.
- Manage, with news & program directors, production of compelling image & special event campaigns and topical promotion for all platforms.
- Attend outside community functions and meetings.
- Manage Baltimore Ravens promotional partnership including on-sight events
- Develop targeted marketing strategies utilizing analytical tools including Nielsen data, national trends and available research.
- Work with sales management team on developing revenue based promotional concepts.
- Develop marketing strategies on social and digital platforms including Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, and Hearst Core Audience.
- Oversee all public relations activities.
- Maintain ongoing alliance with counterpart at WBAL-TV; formulate synergies.
- Work closely with Program Directors to identify daily opportunities to reach our target audience on multiple platforms.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in station marketing/promotion/brand management.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Wide Orbit and ENPS experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Must have a winning attitude and a commitment to excellence and quality promotion/marketing.
- Must have proven skills of collaborating with leadership team & all station personnel.
- Must be highly creative; a compelling writer able to craft compelling messages
- Excellent verbal communication, writing & interpersonal skills
- Detailed oriented & organized.
- Valid driver’s license (hire is contingent on good driving record).
- College degree in marketing, broadcasting, journalism or related field is preferred.
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered.