NBCUniversal’s Digital Enterprises division leads the company’s digital business strategy, builds and strengthens partnerships with new media and technology companies, and spearheads efforts to deliver premium content to emerging platforms. The division’s Indigo Development and Entertainment Arts studio (a joint venture with Snap) develops and produces made-for-mobile scripted and unscripted series. As a one-of-a kind creative home for bespoke, vertical format, short-form content, Indigo’s shows are finding new audiences and transforming mobile behavior.• Break down scripts and generate, organize and oversee production budgets, calendars and shooting schedules. • Work with external partners on budgeting, calendar, crew, equipment, logistics, insurance, union and statutory compliance, hiring procedures, asset inventory, and wrap and delivery. • Review and resolve issues regarding production and post-production paperwork including but not limited to Call Sheets, Production Reports, Guild Reports, Production Schedules and Calendars, Delivery Schedules, Wrap Memos and Binders. • Gather, distribute and archive production paperwork as well as track and manage assets. • Coordinate across departments to confirm sufficient delivery of all production materials. • With studio leadership, draft production and post-production post mortems. • Research production incentives and work with department leadership to identify key locations for potential projects; submit required paperwork. • Create and update Production Policies & Procedures Manual and Below-the-Line Production Forms. • Coordinate and lead compulsory production meetings. • Be on set to support and enforce best production practices. • With Production Finance, monitor budgets and spending, manage costs, review and approve invoices, oversee deviation requests. • Build systems and processes that support efficient production practices. • Build roster of studio-approved line producers, production service companies, and other key below-the-line staff.
The Director of Physical Production reports to the Head of Development and oversees all aspects of pre-production, production and post-production in close collaboration with the Creative, Business & Legal Affairs and Production Finance teams.
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in scripted content production as a UPM, Line Producer, Production Supervisor or Production Executive.
• Experience in Movie Magic Scheduling, Budgeting and Final Draft.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Cross-functional expertise in content development, production and post production.
• General knowledge of production and post-production workflows.
• Willingness to travel and work nights and weekends on short notice, as needed.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Exceptional attention to detail, skilled project manager, highly organized.
• Flexible and collaborative learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to think strategically about issues and problems, leading to recommendations and execution-ready solutions.
• Strong sense of urgency, ability to take initiative.
• Heavy emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, interpersonal skills.
• Flexibly respond to rapidly changing priorities.
• Experience with cost-effective budgeting for scripted series (union and non-union).
• Experience working with unions in the new media space.
• On-set experience during productions.
• General knowledge of studio functionality by having worked with/for a production studio in a management/supervisory capacity.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.