Sales Account Manager
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
This position's primary responsibility is to develop new business, grow and manage the existing local accounts for KDEN Denver by:
• Prospecting, qualifying, cold calling, and switch pitching 0 share clients from general market TV, Spanish language TV, radio, print and online platforms.
• Developing non-traditional revenue (NTR) by creating/selling the station initiatives and grass root events by developing "Unique Value Propositions".
• Understanding market conditions that impact their clients' business to enable them to shift strategy and tailor media plans that meet customer needs.
• Selling conceptually beyond the rating point and traditional: 30 second spot.
• Being customer centric and having the ability to cultivate strong business partnerships.
• Minimum 4-year college degree.
• Minimum 3 years working experience in television sales or other area of Media Sales.
• Must own personal vehicle, valid driver’s license to fulfill the duties of the sales job and excellent driving record.
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO and occasional travel for work.
• Willingness to work longer hours, and willingness to attend after-hours events for station and clients during the week and or weekends.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech and presentation skills.
• Must be effective at developing and facilitating sales pitches that articulate a custom solution to client needs and station benefits.
• Must by self-motivated with over-achiever mentality
• Must be able to develop leads and close new business.
• Must possess digital media & social media acumen.
• Must be able to handle working under the pressure of deadlines and revenue goals
• Must be effectively aggressive and possess a positive work ethics.
• Must be able to work effectively with both local direct and agency business.
• Must possess the ability to work effectively with others in Sales team and with all levels of station employees and management within a multi-cultural environment.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Bilingual English & Spanish not required; however, preferred.
• TV/Digital/Radio background not required; however, preferred.
• Strong Marketing background will be highly considered.
• Experience in designing creative solutions to meet client's needs is a plus.
• Strong computer skills with experience in Internet & Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills; strong leadership and organization skills; detailed-oriented; trust-worthy with confidential and sensitive information.
• Knowledge of Nielsen ratings.
• Experience with Scarborough, Polk, research data, forecast software (Sales Force) & traffic systems (Wide Orbit).
• Self-directed with proven ability to execute and multi-task on a regular basis with little direction.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.