Part-Time Studio Technician
- Full Time
• Stages and manages the daily newscasts. Will check all floor equipment and set pieces for proper operation and visual aesthetics.
• Responsible for studio lighting, general maintenance, and wireless microphone batteries.
• Will run scripts and news updates to and from the newsroom and studio.
• Operates teleprompter and Vinten robotic cameras. Assists with public service and commercial production.
• Will assist in other News department projects as needed. Schedule may include nights, weekends, and or holidays.
Qualifications:Minimum two years of college preferred. Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
Detail oriented. Familiarity with computers and basic digital programs. Live television experience preferred.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.