Associate Content Writer, Creative Services
- Full Time
Associate Content Writer
Philadelphia magazine is looking for an energetic, creative associate content writer for its Creative Services department. The Creative Services department produces editorially driven products for a diverse range of clients through various media, including magazines, video, original photography, and sponsor content. The assistant content writer is a vital part of the Creative Services team, pitching, editing, and writing sponsor content for bostonmagazine.com and making sure client goals are met. Strong editorial instincts are a must.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Brainstorming sponsor content ideas for branded content proposals
- Writing and editing high-quality sponsor content for phillymag.com
- Writing engaging advertorial copy for Philadelphia magazine
- Maintaining detailed editorial calendars
- Writing marketing copy and social media posts
- Supporting custom publishing projects as needed
- Building sponsor content posts in WordPress
- Ensuring best SEO practices for maximum post performance
- Scheduling sponsor social posts on Facebook and Twitter
- Staying abreast of industry trends in custom content and integrated marketing
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter who’s not afraid to take initiative
- A whiz with headlines and a talented writer who understands the Philadelphia magazing voice
- A creative storyteller who can deliver branded content with a reader service
- A deadline-oriented multitasker who can work quickly under pressure and in a team environment
- An eagle-eyed editor with expertise in AP Style
- Diplomatic and experienced working with clients
- Has 2-3 years magazine, blog, or newspaper experience (content marketing experience is a plus, but not required)
- A strong understanding of social media strategies as well as WordPress, Google Analytics, and SEO
Please email resume, cover letter, clips and salary requirements to Anne Taulane (email@example.com).
* Applications without salary requirements will not be considered.
Metro Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.