Manager, Content Management and Publishing
- Full Time
Manager, Content Management and Publishing
We are searching for a Manager, Content Management and Publishing to manage a team in Philadelphia, PA.
The Manager, Content Management and Publishing oversees editorial operations and staffing for multiple publications (print and online) and ensures that content is clinically accurate, timely, and targeted to the individual readership. Develops the overall mission and objectives for the publication and develops an editorial agenda based on clinical and scientific trends in its market. This position works closely with the publisher to direct development of supplements, spinoffs, sponsored content (grant or commercial), and sometimes new publications, and balances both content and business needs to meet editorial and revenue goals.
- Direct and oversee the editorial content and strategy for assigned titles to ensure that they and all ancillary products meet journalistic standards for quality and professional publishing, and the needs of the readers and business.
- Works with authors and editorial staff to acquisition and develop manuscripts that are appropriate for each journal’s readership and mission.
- Oversee editing and writing assignments for editorial staff to meet all production deadlines for journals, websites, Enewsletters, and social media sites.
- Ensure that titles are positioned correctly for their respective markets, considering competition and financial goals.
- Ensure that titles provide readers with interesting, in-depth coverage of clinical issues and healthcare trends in their respective markets.
- Oversee design of print and digital products, such as supplements, directories, and special projects that are sponsored via educational grants or commercial means, writing said grants when appropriate.
- Evaluate manuscripts within the Editorial Manager system for acceptance, revision, or rejection, initiating and tracking the peer-review process to ensure accuracy of published.
- Review and approve article PDFs for print and digital formats throughout the production cycle.
- Direct and supervise editorial staff and freelancers in assigned writing and editing projects.
- Oversee the online and social media presences, including annual short- and long-range goals for each, ie: frequency of inclusion of rich media such as videos, podcasts, online/digital-only content, etc.
- Direct the publication’s social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.), including annual short- and long-range goals for each, ie: frequency of posting/tweeting, posting strategies, etc.
- Manage the annual editorial calendar, brainstorming fresh ideas for the print, online, and iPad app versions and related branded products.
- Maintain Editorial Advisory Boards and review annually to ensure optimum market coverage.
- Work with Publisher to understand monthly and annual P&Ls, including identifying issues and remediation plans.
- Work independently and as a direct liaison to Publisher, taking initiative and ownership of journals with minimal supervision.
- Work with Publisher, Managing Editor, and Sales Directors and Reps to create advertising sales strategies that enhance revenue and readership.
- Ensure timely editorial workflow in accordance with monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly production schedule.
- Attend three or more professional conferences annually and maximize editorial time at each.
- Set annual goals and objectives for all reporting employees, including developmental goals and reviews in performance management system.
- Assist Publisher in calculation of annual editorial budgets and monitor monthly expenses accordingly.
- Complete monthly MOR highlights and MOR report with feedback from editorial team, as well as other reports and analyses as required by Publisher.
- Perform other job functions as assigned by Publisher, minimum of 6X annually.
- Work independently and cross-functionally, taking initiative on assigned tasks.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred or equivalent of work experience
- 7-10 years editorial and management experience, preferably with STM publications
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Strong editing and rewriting skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of social media strategy
- Knowledge of SEO and other web optimization strategies
- Familiarity with creating podcasts
- Ability to work closely with editorial and design teams
- Ability to work closely with staff of medical society partners
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2018 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (4985) 4771.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.