Digital Proposal Specialist
- Full Time
Digital Proposal Specialist
Philadelphia, PA or NY, NY
The Digital Proposal Specialist (DPS) is responsible for managing Wolters Kluwer's digital advertising proposals with respect to both inbound (RFP) and outbound (rep-initiated) opportunities. A significant portion of work associated with this role will entail the development and refinement of tools and processes to ensure that each opportunity is met with our full digital capabilities to drive business growth and retain existing business. The role requires a combination of digital ad fluency, project management skills, verbal and written communication capabilities, and capability educating and influencing others.
***This position can be based in Philadelphia, PA (preferred) or New York, NY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of consistent, persuasive language to define and describe our digital product suite.
- Consultation with sales reps both reactively (response to requests about deliverables, inventory, etc.) and proactively (educating them on digital trends, unique opportunities, and best practices) as the single point of contact prior to sale.
- Development and ownership of our Digital Proposals Process. An important part of our digital business is related to agency RFPs.
- Creation and refinement of the framework by which we respond to these inquiries, with the expectation that our offers will continually improve over time.
- Effective management of tight and competing deadlines.
- Ownership of the proposal process, including strategy sessions, content development, project management, internal research, technical accuracy, brand adherence, and quality control.
- Prompt response with varied deliverables (agency RFP spreadsheets, WK proposal documents, Insertion Orders, et al).
- Development and maintenance of a proposal database to track effectiveness and drive best practices.
- Build and maintain relationships across the company to ensure that proposal-related needs are met efficiently.
- Attend ongoing training sessions on industry trends and our own products and services
- In conjunction with key stakeholders, development of digital proposal KPIs.
- Attendance of sales strategy meetings
- Contribution to working groups related to development and refinement of WK digital ad operations capabilities.
- Contribution to presales efforts with sales reps.
- As needed, attendance of annual sales meetings and client meetings.
- Collaboration with Data, Ops, and other teams within WK HLRP business unit to drive economies and consistency of quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
1-3 years direct everyday digital advertising experience required, preferably with a focus on the healthcare industry and its attendant clients and agencies including:
- Clear understanding of multi-channel sales and ad agencies, preferably with pharma/medical device companies.
- Experience creating compelling communications and presentations.
- Previous experience and the ability to work within metric driven sales environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Skype for Business, and other standard Office software).
- Agency experience highly preferred.
- Salesforce knowledge a plus.
- Adobe Creative Suite including Omniture, Marketo and Dart For Publishers (DFP).
Preferred Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Strong relationship building, negotiating, and customer service skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and keen attention to detail.
- Curiosity and eagerness to investigate, learn, collaborate, and innovate
- Positive, flexible attitude.
- Ability to work well across departments/levels, including both sales and operational groups.
Travel: 10% Nationally
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2018 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (4985) 4771.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.