Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Account Executive is an experienced sales person who can negotiate and sell commercial airtime for KTAZ, KHRR and all station multiplatform initiatives (On-air / On-site / On-line).
• Develop sales revenue from new advertisers as well as maximize revenue from assigned list (active & non-active accounts).
• Ability to find and develop non-traditional advertisers.
• Prepare and present accurate and comprehensive sales pitches/presentations.
• Establish, own, manage, and develop relationships at all levels with clients, agencies, etc.
• Understand customer needs, and develop solutions for those needs.
• Schedule and execute regular meetings/presentations with clients.
• Merchandise station in written and verbal communications, while ascertaining clients’ needs.
• Coordinate client deliverables with relevant departments within station.
• Actively participate on team and station projects and special sales events.
• Meet all quarterly revenue sales goals for KTAZ/KHRR and non-media platforms.
• Minimum 3 year experience in the area of Media Sales.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
• Strong computer skills with experience in PowerPoint, Excel, WideOrbit and SalesForce
• Proven ability to execute and multi-task on a regular basis with little direction.
• Proven ability to work independently in a results driven environment.
• Experience lead searching through other forms of media and advertising opportunities.
• Budget responsibility experience.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English); verbal and written proficiency.
• Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Be willing to submit to a Background Check.
• Willing to work at the Phoenix Station.
• Access to a vehicle and clean driving history. Must provide proof of a current valid U.S. driver's license.
• Self-directed and highly motivated.
• Ability to function in a confidential, fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to project/forecast individual business trends
• Ability to simplify strategy into specific actions, while also having the strength to make key decisions that will help station and client grow and communicate priorities
• Experience working with advertising agencies.
• Applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
• Willingness to travel.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.