Associate Editor, SuperSummary (Remote)
- Part Time
SuperSummary, a fast-growing literary study guide website, is seeking an experienced, part-time Associate Editor who will be responsible for developing new content, editing long-form educational articles, and recruiting writers.
Great perks include flexible hours and working remotely with a team that is passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of millions of students and teachers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Writer Management: Hire, train, and manage a remote team of freelance writers; oversee new writer recruiting
- Content Development: Create a writing manual and style guide for our new literary devices project; help research content formats
- Content Production: Assign materials to writing team, edit incoming articles, and make changes based on content needs
Our ideal candidate for this role is someone with a passion for literary analysis who has previously worked as an Assistant Editor or Editor at a digital media or online publishing company.
You’re the right fit if you’re a problem solver who can build, manage, and inspire a team of writers. You have an obsessive eye for detail and copyediting, and can dig into web analytics to make informed decisions. You are brimming with ideas that will help us take our operating processes, content standards, and online platform to the next level. And most of all, you’re obsessed with literature.
Requirements for this position include:
- 2-3 years of prior editing experience at a consumer website or in educational publishing
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience editing long-form web copy
- Experience hiring and training freelance writers
- Organized, efficient, and comfortable multi-tasking
- Working knowledge of SEO and web analytics
- Passion for English literature and online education
Prior experience working with long-form, education-related web content a big plus, as is a background or advanced degree in English literature.
This is a remote, freelance position. Ultimately, we are looking for an editor who is interested in a long-term relationship and the opportunity for consistent, flexible work. If this role sounds like a good match for your skills and interests, we hope to hear from you soon.