We’re obsessed with the quality of our blog and making sure each post provides our readers with all the information they need (rather than simply pumping out endless, low-quality blog posts). We’re truly invested in creating content that leaves our audience amazed by how helpful each blog post is.
The mission of the Writer is to craft these amazing blog posts that completely and thoroughly answer the questions our audience has. Writers will be responsible for crafting guides, how-to articles, and other resources across a variety of topics related to small businesses, including:
- Payment processing
- Mobile payments
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Building a website
- Messaging/Live chat with customers
- Local search marketing
- Online Reviews
- Online booking and reservations
- Email marketing, and more.
Writers will work primarily with our editorial team on authoring posts for the GoSite blog as well as have potential opportunities to author posts on external sites.
GoSite creates simplified technology for the small businesses that drive America’s economy. Our software empowers small businesses to have everything they need in one place to digitally connect with their customers. Our cloud-based suite of mobile and web tools transforms the way our customers run their business, on the go and everywhere.
- 3+ years experience writing well-researched blog posts for online publications (anywhere from 800 - 3,000+ words)
- Experience writing about small business topics (see list above) is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with SEO best practices is strongly preferred
- Writing style that’s easy to read and informative
- Ability to quickly turn around assignments
- Experience with conducting interviews for articles
- Ability to research and contribute ideas you can write about (though we’ll provide many of the topics)
- Comfortable finding reputable sources of information used to back up what you write
- Experience promoting your work (on social media, via email, etc.) is preferred
- Familiarity with HubSpot is preferred
- Experience in working remotely preferred
- If selected to move forward, we’ll ask you to complete a paid writing test of one blog post
- Each writer to complete approx. 2 to 3 blog posts (800 - 1,200 words per post) per week (or some equivalent as some assignments will be longer “guides” with additional pay)
- Writers are generally assigned a writing brief with a working headline, short description and angle for the piece, and 2-5 SEO keywords to incorporate
- Writers are expected to research and include proper sources, as necessary
- Interviewing sources is generally not required, though they may be necessary from time to time
This is a remote, freelance (contract) position. Rates start at $150 per post, with higher rates paid for more experience as well as longer posts involving more research. Our hiring team includes freelance writers, so we know the drill when it comes to fair market rates.
We expect to hire 3-5 freelance writers at this time.
GoSite is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at GoSite are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.