DK is looking for a Senior Manager for their Custom Publishing department to oversee account led custom publishing projects. This role will report into the Director of Custom Sales and will help to grow a new and expanding department.
● Negotiating spot bought prices for complex print and novelty items with printers in Europe, Asia and the US.
● Taking a lead on developing market specific packaging ideas and developing products with novelty elements. Includes sourcing components for book plus products.
● Issue purchase orders to various vendors for all phases of the publishing process.
● Coordinating projects with printers, production and sales in three separate continents from concept through to delivery.
● Managing projects with complex licensor requirements.
● Working to ensure all products meet the safety standards required for US market and specific customer requirements.
● Participate in customer facing meetings and represent production.
● Prepare comparative pricing and schedules with printers in Europe, Asia and US.
● Manage quality control issues.
● Establish and strengthen domestic printer relationships.
● Knowledge of the production process inclusive but not limited to pre-press, estimating, scheduling, paper, printing and binding.
● Experience with creating non-traditional book packages.
● Strong negotiating skills.
● Must be highly-organized, detail-oriented, good at problem solving, thorough and accurate.
● Flexibility to adapt to frequent changes; ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; capable of effectively prioritizing work, multi-tasking, and following up.
● Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
● About 5% of travel possible
● Familiarity/Experience with major Chinese printers (Leo, Hung Hing) a plus.
● Minimum five years book production or special sales experience.
● Knowledge of publishing computer systems such as SAP and Biblio3 a plus.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.