- Full Time
The Los Angeles Business Journal, the leading source of news and information for L.A.’s business community, is seeking an energetic, thorough and knowledgeable Deputy Editor.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the people, companies, industries and trends that are shaping the business landscape of Los Angeles. Extensive experience creating content for both print and digital platforms is essential.
The deputy editor will report to the Editor and be a key member of the senior content team. They will work alongside the Editor and Managing Editor to set the content agenda and determine coverage priorities.
- Help guide day-to-day and long-term editorial voice and vision.
- Work closely with the senior editorial team to develop content that elevates both the print and digital properties.
- Manage a diverse team of staff and freelance reporters as they deliver breaking news, features and special reports.
- Take story ideas from concept to completion, often on tight deadlines
- Minimum five years of experience covering business at a print or digital outlet
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A team player with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to connect on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree