- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 is looking for a dynamic and creative individual that has the ability to anchor an evening newscast and be just as skilled at producing/editing creative segments. As an Anchor, you will be the primary presenter of news and other content across all platforms in a way that connects with viewers, demonstrating credibility, authority and broadly based knowledge of news. You will assist in the writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating of news programming and other content presentation. Provide leadership that encourages excellence and assist in the smooth operation of the organization. Maintain a deep level of familiarity with issues, newsmakers, and current events. Participate in promotional activities including public appearances, participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned. As a Multimedia Content Producer, you should know your way around Adobe Premiere and DSLR cameras. You will be responsible for producing and editing multiple programs with guidance from the Executive Producer. You will make important editorial and creative decisions to develop engaging content for broadcast and social media to drive audience engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of four years full-time professional news experience including two years anchoring experience preferred
- Highly effective on-air performance, excellent news judgment, and extensive knowledge of local and national current events and history, newsmakers, and issues are required
- Should have excellent news writing and copy editing ability for all platforms including social media
- Knowledge of news gathering equipment and news production techniques
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism
- Ability to conduct probing, in-depth and engaging interviews and enhances stories by providing insight and perspective
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations
- Exceptional producing and visual storytelling skills
- Accomplished camera operator with experience using HD & DSLR cameras
- Experienced editor, proficient in Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, etc.)
- Must be able to work weekends and nights during production windows with an ability to handle high volumes of complex projects and tasks
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to travel around the tristate area, as needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.