Director of Editorial Operations and Special Projects - Well+Good
- Full Time
WELL+GOOD: Creating a culture and community of wellness.
Trusted, influential, and famously trend-setting, Well+Good defines and demystifies wellness for a growing global community. Well+Good creates a world where wellness is stylish, achievable, and fun—connecting readers with smart, simple ways to add wellness to their lives.
We are looking for a Director of Editorial Operations and Special Projects to hold the keys to the editorial calendar, oversee short-term and long-term planning, and play a key role in executing tent-pole projects and new initiatives. If your passion for big, forward-looking ideas rivals only your love of efficient workflows, we want to meet you.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle category.
You’ll Report To: Managing Editor
A typical day as a Director of Editorial Operations might include:
- Support Managing Editor and SVP of Content, Growth, and Brand on a day-to-day basis as needed as well as on big-picture strategic initiatives
- Oversee day-to-day operations for 10+ person editorial team
- Manage the editorial calendar, keeping in mind quality, quantity, and diversity of content
- Recruit and commission articles to new contributors and talent
- Manage execution of the SEO strategy, including SEO content creation and managing deadlines
- Project-manage tent poles and new initiatives, delegating and assigning to senior editorial staff as needed
- Provide editorial oversight for our email program
- Work closely with social, design, and video departments to create content across platforms
You’ll be successful if you are that editorial unicorn who has an eagle eye for details but also a powerful brand vision. The Director of Editorial Operations and Special Projects will work closely with the Managing Editor to create and carry out long- and short-term projects, and help shape Well+Good content across various platforms.
What You Have:
- 7+ years of experience in the digital publishing industry, specifically leading digital content teams
- Experience being the owner of brand voice and content quality
- Experience supervising a team of digital editors (ideally 5+ person team)
- Strong health and wellness knowledge, connections, and passion for the industry
- Ability to use Google Analytics, or similar data platforms, and extract actionable insights from data
- A passion for high-quality digital content
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.