Staff Writer - Well+Good
- Full Time
WELL+GOOD: Creating a culture and community of wellness.
Trusted, influential, and famously trend-setting, Well+Good defines and demystifies wellness for a growing global community. Well+Good creates a world where wellness is stylish, achievable, and fun—connecting readers with smart, simple ways to add wellness to their lives.
We are looking for a staff writer to help take Well+Good’s content to the next level from our New York office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle category..
You’ll Report To: Senior Editor
A typical day as a Staff Writer might include:
- Write content daily, including reported features, personal essays, SEO articles, market roundups, and news stories, as needed
- Pitch daily news content for all verticals across the site, with a particular emphasis on the zeitgeist
- Call on your rolodex of experts to be in-the-know about what’s happening in the wellness industry, and pitch and execute original, reported story ideas accordingly
- Attend market events, desksides, and source meetings to gather intel for content creation and spot trends before they hit it big
- Work closely with social, design, and video departments to create content across platforms
- Report weekly metrics to Senior Editor to workshop what’s working and help define content strategy
You’ll be successful if you’re passionate about creating outstanding content, coming up with great and original ideas, and helping the entire team reach its full potential. You’re comfortable producing content for topics spanning the wellness gamut, but you have a particular interest and experience in cultural commentary, market trends, and finding fresh takes on ideas that have been done. You’re enthusiastic about writing a long-form reported piece, a market roundup, and a personal essay alike.
What You Have:
- 2-4 years editorial experience
- A rolodex of contacts in the wellness industry to call upon
- Superior editorial judgment: You know which stories *need* to be covered (and how to do so in a new, interesting way) and which can be skipped
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time
- A passion for high-quality digital content
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats—no job is too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.