Digital Media Assistant
- Full Time
Digital Media Assistant
New Hope Media, a digital and print publishing company in midtown Manhattan, is seeking an energetic, efficient editorial office assistant with a journalism background to support our customer service, office administration, editorial production, and other digital initiatives.
New Hope Media publishes ADDitude and Adoptive Families magazines and websites, the leading sources of information for parents and adults in the attention, learning disabilities and adoption fields. For more information, see www.additudemag.com and www.adoptivefamilies.com.
The Digital Media Assistant will touch many aspects of our business — opportunities for experience in best practices in digital editorial writing, SEO, Wordpress, podcast production and more are part of this position. It’s ideal for a fast learner and adept multi-tasker eager to break into publishing and online media.
* Customer Service: You will be the point person answering questions for web visitors, online customers, and magazine subscribers. This requires an understanding and mastery of various customer offers and databases, as well as a sunny disposition and total efficiency. (15% of time)
*Office Management: As the voice of NHM, you will direct incoming calls, oversee supplies, manage incoming and outgoing mail, schedule office events, oversee contract payments, and contribute to team projects. You’ll also manage our online directories and professional databases. (15% of time)
The customer service and office management responsibilities outlined above comprise some 30% of the Digital Media Assistant's day. The editorial and web production responsibilities outlined below offer significant editorial learning opportunities.
* Editorial: Edit guest blogs and other freelance web posts and correspond with their writers. Receive editorial SEO training and implement SEO best practices in articles and posts on our websites. Work with magazine and web editors to evaluate editorial submissions and to manage editorial and reprint rights. Writing opportunities exist.
*Webinar Production: Manage all aspects of ADDitude’s popular ADHD Experts weekly webinar program from registration to coordination with experts and digital publicity. Work with the GoToWebcast platform as well as our podcast editor to produce podcasts from webinar archives.
* Digital Publishing: Publish content on our web sites, executing internal links and SEO research/deployment in the process. Communicate with social media and newsletter editors to ensure that all new content is promoted in a timely and effective manner.
The Digital Media Assistant must be skilled at navigating technology in a dynamic office environment. Although there are no technical skills required, the position requires using a variety of software and online systems. You should be comfortable with online databases and quick to learn new systems such as WordPress.
- Detail-oriented college grad with experience in publishing, online writing/editing, and journalism. Journalism major strongly preferred
- Highly organized multi-tasker who thrives working independently
- Excellent telephone skills; outgoing personality; articulate and well-spoken
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- CMS and SEO experience a strong plus
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills
- Interest in digital media, writing, service journalism
Please email a cover letter describing your interest/qualifications and include your resume. No phone calls, please