Public Relations Departmental Assistant
- Full Time
The Public Relations Departmental Assistant will be based out of our New York office and will provide support to our Partner, Managing Director PR and Digital and the Public Relations Department. This is an administrative heavy position. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, extremely organized, and proactive. He/She will have strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills. They will have a friendly demeanor and the ability to work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Direct support to Partner and Managing Director PR and Digital, including confidential assistance in managing schedule, confirming meetings, and managing expenses.
- Directly support Senior PR Events Director and Department Manager on most daily Department / Event responsibilities (alongside Partner)
- Manage all agency news / update emails to PR department email distro.
- Act as main point of contact for the Department’s communication to IT support.
- Manage all departmental documents such as agency calendar, staffing plans, new hire announcements and promotion announcements.
- Train new employees on department procedures and policies
- Serve as liaison to the Agency’ other offices and departments
- Coordinate department travel and travel budgets with Finance team
- A MINIMUM 1- 2 years experience supporting a senior level executive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to multitask, intelligent – this role requires managing many different areas for many different people, does not get stressed under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of the Fashion and entertainment industries, designers, digital influencers and emerging style
- Combination of creative and strategic thinking, ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side
- Detail oriented and ability to follow through
- Ability to work independently and self motivate as well as on and with a team.
- A strong work ethic
- Knowledge and understanding of the Fashion Industry is a must.
- Strong Microsoft office skills are a must, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint