Senior Technical Operator
4 days left
- Full Time
If you are an experienced Technical Operator/Master Control Operator and looking to be challenged, working for the #1 station in Atlanta.
The Technical Operator will be primarily responsible for monitoring the on air signal (video/audio), ensuring overall quality of scheduled elements and confirming the on-air accuracy of the Traffic log against the automation playlist.
Operate master control equipment and monitor video/audio quality with high reliability for multiple network services for 24/7 broadcast facility. Perform checks of Traffic-generated broadcast log and automation playlist. Provide documentation of abnormal operational occurrences and/or on-air discrepancies.
• Well versed on Broadcast operations and procedural requirements to confirm accuracy and on-air readiness of scheduled material by checking the Traffic log and automation playlist. Notify appropriate personnel of any discrepancies regarding said material prior to air.
• Monitor the on air signal (video/audio) ensuring overall quality of scheduled elements.
Providing proper notations of changes on Traffic logs.
• Create accurate and detailed reports of on-air discrepancies.
• Operational expertise on broadcasting automation systems, Harris; BTI\ChannelBox Prime Graphics; Vinten camera’s, Baron weather system and Imagine Nexio Video Servers.
• Ability to work under pressure, react promptly to operational changes and multitasking.
• Be able to recover on-air signal accurately in the shortest time possible. Manually operate on-air equipment with the same reliability of automation systems during high-pressure situations such as human and equipment error, recovering air in shortest time possible.
• Schedule must be flexible; this is a 24/7 operation, must be available for any last minute assignments and able to work various hours, including weekends and holidays.
o Detailed and accurate reporting of all incidents including on-air discrepancies.
o Familiarity with Broadcast Operations basic standard operating procedures.
o Capacity to meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of and adherence to department Standard Operating Procedures and company policies.
Qualifications:• Prior experience in a Master Control environment with 2 years of experience in a similar position is a must.
• Minimum AA/AS (college) degree required; Bachelors’ degree in Communication, Radio/TV/Film or an equivalent combination of skills (trade school) preferred.
• Strong communication skills, proactive, well-organized and detail-oriented.
Tools and Technology:
• Imagine automation.
• Imagine Nexio Transmission servers.
• Non-linear processes and linear media.
• File base delivery and receiving
• Cloud services.
• Operational knowledge of Windows software.
Work on special projects, as needed.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.