About Your Role
As the Tech Editor, Product Testing you will focus on building out full-length product reviews for Lifewire.com to support the site’s existing round-ups and buying guides. You’ll use your expertise to source and on-board top-rated freelance talent in tech industry and assign out product reviews based on search demand and revenue data. Our goal is to build best-in-class product review content that adds meaningful user value and helps them make educated buying decisions.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for assigning and editing a high volume of content (about two to three 2000-word reviews daily). You will also need to stay on top of the latest tech releases to make sure we are testing the most up-to-date products available.
About Your Contributions
- Assign and edit full product reviews of 2,000+ words to support our existing round-ups and buying guides
- Stay up to date on the latest must-have gadgets in the tech industry; you’re just as excited about the latest router to hit the market as you are about the new Samsung phone
- Come up with comprehensive testing methodologies to make sure the writer is covering important features and relevant details
- Manage writer invoices
- Source and onboard new writers as needed
- 5+ years experience editing commerce content in the tech space
- Have a deep knowledge of all things tech and a strong network of top-notch freelancers in the industry
- Strong writing, research, copywriting, and copyediting skills, with a track record of producing high-quality content
- Ability to be proactive and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Deadline driven and detail oriented with the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and independently
- Comfortable digging into data to help drive content making decisions
- Familiarity with content management systems and web analytics tools
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.